Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's been awhile!

So...I started another blog: makekelliaccountable.blogspot.com. Basically, I'm on a mission to lose the extra weight I've packed on in order to be able to wear all the clothes in my closet!

I think I will go ahead and post the recipes I make here, just for fun. I really let processed foods get in the way of things...not to mention, waaaaaaay too much alcohol! I do *heart* my wine. We all have our vices.

Tonight, it's just a simple lemon chicken, yellow rice (from a box) and zucchini and squash.

For the chicken:
2 chicken breasts
The juice and the halves of 1 and a half lemons
About 2 TBSP of olive oil
About 1/4 of a large onion, wedged
S&P
Garlic powder (didn't have the real deal)

Mix and marinade for awhile.

For the veg:
2 zucchini
2 yellow squash (I love this combo)
1 TBSP olive oil
S&P

Slice off ends. Cut in half crosswise, then cut each half into four long rectangles of squashy goodness. Toss with olive oil and seasonings.
To cook:
Either preheat your grill (so good on the grill) or a good, heavy cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When all is ready, start the chicken, pouring any marinade that maybe didn't get absorbed (there shouldn't be a lot) over the chicken. Beware the flames if you grill. Turn the chicken when it has a good sear on the downside. Add squash and zucchini to grill/pan. Let it get good and browned. Flip. When the chicken is done (I use the finger test) remove it, and serve the bird and veg over a nice pile of yellow or brown rice. Squirt with a little lemon. Eat. Enjoy the clean flavors :)

***I am actually using my husband's computer since mine is dead at the moment, so no pictures.

No comments: